Cyber Security Major Statistics
Lockdown comes with good news to online retailers whoever it increases the burdens to the security experts as Day by Day the number of threats is increasing and starting of Covid-19 lockdown, data breaches spiked nearly a million a day (As per Microsoft).
Here we are representing some major stats for 2020 –
- FBI says, 300% jumped the cybercrime reporting after the start of Covid-19, As new culture Work from home, users are unaware about security measures, and companies are struggling to protect from remote services
- Trend Micro blocked total threat in COVID-19 is 8 Million and 93% are Email related. India is ranked as 3rd highest threat in emails in Asia.
- Symantec report says, 5000 emails were blocked in Q1 of 2020, in March it increased 82,00 approx emails related to COVID-19, corona etc. Top payload was AgentTesla, Maljava, RATs/Stealer, Lokibot, Autoit Script etc
- Barracuda network says, 66% organization had at least one data breach in COVID-19 and 67% was a phishing attack. And 53% of Indian organizations are not updated with security solutions and not ready for remote working as some of them are allowing to use personal systems and email addresses for office work.
- IoT attacks also 13% increased as per the Symantec report in Q1 2020.
- 43% of data breaches from cloud applications.
- Ransomware attacks involved 27% in security incidents.
- There are cyber attack in every 39 seconds
- The average cost of Data breaches is $3.86M in 2020 (https://www.ibm.com/security/digital-assets/cost-data-breach-report/#/)
- 80% workload will be moving on cloud of organisation by 2020 Forbes)
- There is a huge Cybersecurity Skill shortage. 68% of organizations are struggling to hire talent in cybersecurity as per Fortinet (IBM and Fortinet joining hands to start filling this skill gap by providing training https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/08/18/2079987/0/en/Fortinet-and-IBM-Collaborate-on-SkillsBuild-to-Further-Build-Cybersecurity-Skills.html)
The Cyber Security domain is rapidly demanding skilled talent. If you belong to another domain or looking for a change, If you are a student and still fining the career path then Cybersecurity will be the best domain to start a career.